I don't have the teeth of steel I hoped.
3 hours and $200 later, I have 2 :( fillings. I need 2 more on the left side, too.
They said it's not SO horrible, considering my lack of dentistry for the past 10 years.
Also, since my last dentist decided it wasn't important at the time, I still have my top wisdom teeth. Which my current dentist wants OUT. Sad. When I had my bottom 2 out, I spent a week in the fetal position on the couch vomiting every hour. Or more, if I attempted to eat something. I guess it's the easy way to get a week off in the summer. but not the kind of week off one would want in the summer.
BUT! I did get a new toothbrush (which accounted for $100 of the bill today)
it came with a couple rebates, so it will end up being about half price compared to what retail stores are charging.
also I got all this free stuff! 2 toothpastes, 3 mouthwash samples, a regular toothbrush and 3 kinds of dental floss.
They told me to quit drinking soda, but I drink at most one per week, usually none. I did drink it a lot more often in my past life in NY, but since I moved out here I mostly drink water. I guess once the damage is done, it's done.
Moral of the story: GO TO THE DENTIST. even if you don't have insurance.
Extra Super Bonus: My dentist is a pilot (hopefully not a conflict of interest!). So we didn't have to make any awkward small talk about families or pets or weather. We got right to the good stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
And that's what you get for taking the 'live like a Brit' experiment a few steps too far.
I haven't started drinking warm beer yet! ;)
Post a Comment