29 May 2010

WATCH OUT NOW

I GOT CERTIFIED TODAY!!!!!!!
HAH-LAY-LOU-JER!!!!

What I had to deal with on my checkride:
  • flight of five F18s doing practice flybys at Indy Motor Speedway.  Super annoying.  Had to stop departures like 3 times while they were doing it because CONVENIENTLY they built the airport such that the departure path for the 05s are less that 1 mile east of IMS. 
  • flight of five F18s became flight of four because one decided he would rather land than keep flying. 
  • gave a SkyWest pilot the thrill of his life by having the flight of four break over the top of him while he was holding in position.  He actually thanked me and said it was worth it to have held short of the runway for 10 minutes to get to have F18s do a carrier break overhead. 
  • helicopters.  bleh. only 2 though and they were easy. 
  • mostly just the F18s. 
I got done my skill check and was talking to one of my coworkers and she informed me that the F18 pilots had told her that we were welcome to go over to the FBO and check out the planes after work.  So I am going to do that tomorrow, cause I didn't have a camera today.   Expect pictures. 

Awesome.

No comments: