30 May 2010

idklol

I went to work today kind of dreading it.  Today was the Indy 500 and all everyone talks about is how horrible it is to work all the planes and helicopters.  I was assuming I wouldn't have my CTO certificate til Thursday since there were no office people around during the weekend or Monday (Memorial Day) so I thought I wouldn't get it til my first day back after my weekend.  Well first of all I was wrong about that, turns out supervisors can do it, so SURPRISE, I got my CTO today and got to work local control all by myself.

Double surprise, I was working again when the flight of F18s went out for the flyby at the track.  Other than that, there wasn't a horrible amount of traffic OR helicopters.

Yesterday the F18 pilots had stopped by the TRACON and told us we could go over to the FBO and get a closer look at them (the planes, not the pilots, unfortunately).  So today two of my coworkers and I did that.  It was pretty awesome riding around on a golf cart surrounded by GLF5s and Global Expresses and Falcons and shit.  The manager took us around personally.  Awesome.  And he invited us back on a day when it wasn't so busy for a full tour.   I hope the tour includes cookies. :)

here are some aero-planes on the ramp at Million Air.

No comments: