04 September 2010

little update

I'm home from OKC (hooray!). I made the trip Thursday in a little over 11 hours.  Not too bad. Yesterday was a complete waste, I spent lots of quality time sprawled on my couch napping after not sleeping much for the previous 3 days. 

Today I was in the Indy Labor day parade.  It was kinda cool, but there were only about 50 spectators.  That was weird to me, back home parades were a big deal, the streets would be packed and you'd have to go hours early to stake out a spot.  Here there were entire blocks completely empty.  Oh well.  I did get a tshirt though! I love tshirts!!

I go back to work tomorrow.  I have to be re-certified after being gone for a month.  Actually, I'm not even sure if I have a medical clearance (long, dumb story).  I hope I do or it's gonna be a looooong weekend, and I don't wanna miss out on Sunday AND holiday pay :-p

No comments: